Recipe by Edna Yeffet
Makes about 20 small bhajis
1-2 cans Fish4Ever pink wild Alaska salmon
1 small onion, finely sliced
¼ tsp chilli powder
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp whole cumin seeds
2 tsp chopped fresh mint or coriander
75 g (3 oz) cooked white rice
1 small egg, beaten
Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
150 g (5 oz) Greek-style or low fat plain yoghurt
5 cm (2 inch) piece cucumber, finely chopped
Fresh coriander or mint, to garnish
- Drain the salmon and flake with a fork. Then add the onion, spices, mint or coriander and rice.
- Stir in the egg, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Now add just enough plain flour to bring the ingredients together.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan.
- Form the salmon mixture into small balls, drop a few carefully into the fat, then shallow fry them until golden and crispy, turning them once.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Continue to cook the bhajis until all the mixture is used up.
- Mix together the yogurt and cucumber.
- Serve as a dip with the bhajis, garnished with fresh coriander or mint.