Another recipe by wonderful Monica of Monica Yates Health!
This time she writes: “Another bangin’ hormone balancing lunch full of fibre, healthy fats and protein. Not to mention a tonne of minerals and vitamins, all of which are essential for a healthy cycle!
Mackerel is a great source of food-related vitamin D (the sun is still better), some B vitamins and selenium (which is vital for a healthy thyroid and a crappy thyroid = a crappy period). I feel like Mackerel is kinda the ugly duckling and forgotten about….but guys!!! It’s a cheap fish, healthy AF (smaller fish are healthier because they have less toxins) and yummy! Especially the Fish 4 Ever brand – their fish is so NOT fishy and gross.
Also, black sesame seeds are amazing for fertility and libido! ”
- 1 can of Fish 4 Ever Mackerel
- How every many of the following veg:
– Brussel sprouts
– Purple cabbage
- ½ an avocado
- 2 Tbsp unhulled tahini
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Black sesame seeds for serving (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray. Lay out the veggies and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
2. To make the tahini dressing, mix the tahini and lemon juice really well in a cup. It will spilt at first and look clumpy — just keep mixing! You might need to add a touch of water to get it at a ‘drizzle’ consistency. Add some salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Once the veggies are cooked, place them all in a bowl and top with the mackerel, avocado and drizzle with the tahini dressing! Sprinkle with black sesame seeds if desired and season well.