CRISPY SALMON PASTA Serves 2
For the pasta:
100g red lentil fusilli
1 teaspoon olive or hemp oil
½ teaspoon dried oregano
Pinch salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the rest of the dish:
1 can Fish4Ever pink or red salmon
1 stick celery
½ fennel bulb
½ cup Organico passata
1 red pepper
1 garlic clove
2 large handfuls fresh spinach or parsley
½ tablespoon coconut oil
To serve: 1 large avocado, preserved lemon pieces or fresh lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 200C, line a tray with baking parchment.
- Cook your pasta as per packet instructions, drain & leave to cool in the sieve for 5 minutes then add to a bowl with the oil & seasonings, tossing to combine.
- Transfer to the tray & bake for 15 minutes until crispy, stirring halfway through. Leave to one side once done.
- Meanwhile finely slice the leek, celery, fennel & pepper. Add to a large sauté pan with the coconut oil, cover with a lid & leave to soften on a gentle heat for 6-8 minutes.
- Crush or grate the garlic then add to your pan, stir through the veggies then add the passata. Re-cover & cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the salmon, add to the pan & gently break up into the sauce. Turn down to a gentle simmer until everything is warmed through (~3-4 minutes).
- Roughly chop the parsley if using or just add the spinach to the pan, let the leaves wilt down in the residual heat of the sauce then divide between 2 bowls.
- Top with chopped pieces of preserved lemon for a vibrant salty hit, or simply squeeze over some lemon juice. Crown with half an avocado each & tumble over your crisp pasta croutons.