Fishcakes are a popular way to use our products. Phoebe of @_naturalnourishment has now created this recipe for us – a great dish to make in advance for busy times!
- x2 cans wild salmon, mackerel or tuna
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large handful parsley, finely chopped
- ⅓-½ cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ½ tablespoon chipotle chilli flakes
- ½ tablespoon black onion seeds
- freshly ground black pepper
- Coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 200C, line a flat tray with parchment.
- Finely dice the onion & crush the garlic, sauté in ½ teaspoon coconut oil on a gentle heat for 5-7 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile add the fish to a large bowl & use a fork to break up into smallish pieces. Add the rest of the ingredients bar the eggs, mixing to combine.
- Add the onions & garlic, stir through, then crack in the eggs. Mix well & if is pretty wet add the rest of the ground almonds.
- Form patties, arrange on your tray & bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Serve hot, cold or at room temperature. They’ll keep in the fridge for a week or freeze for up to 3 months.