The lovely @sourires_et_papilles has shared another amazing recipe with us! This time, it’s for sushi, three kinds of sushi to be exact! She uses our Fish4Ever tuna and mackerel as well as Organico spring artichoke spread.
Ingredients for 32 Sushi Rolls:
- 200 g sushi rice
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 level tsp salt
- 4 sheets of Nori
- 1 jar of Fish4Ever mackerel in orange and black pepper
- 1 tin of Fish4Ever tuna in spring water
- 1 jar ofOrganico artichoke spread (you don’t need all of it)
- 1 avocado
- 1 big carrot
- 1/4 cucumber
- black sesame for the California Rolls
What else is needed:
- one bamboo mat for rolling the sushi
- cling film to cover the mat and keep the rolls from sticking
To go with the Sushi (mix it up any way you like):
- soy sauce
- sweet chilli sauce
- candied ginger
- orange juice from the mackerel, filtered and mixed with a little bit of Tabasco
- In a bowl, combine the rice vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Cook the rice as per packet instructions.
- Peal the carrot and steam it until cooked.
- Once the rice is cooked and still warm, combine it with the vinegar mixture and leave to cool.
- Cut the carrot and the cucumber in stripes.
- Cut up the avocado.
- Get your bamboo mat ready.
First batch of Sushi Rolls:
- Place one sheet of nori on your mat.
- Wet your fingers and add a thin layer of rice, leaving 1 cm free from it at the top.
- Add the artichoke spread, the tuna and one stripe of cucumber to the middle and over the full length of the mat.
- Roll and tighten. Cut in 8 pieces using a knife that’s slightly wet.
- Repeat the same procedure as with the first batch, but this time adding artichoke spread, tuna and avocado on top of the rice.
Third Batch (California Rolls):
- This time, add the black sesame first, then the rice and then the nori.
- Add mackerel, one stripe of carrot and 2 or 3 pieces of avocado.
- Roll, tighten and cut into 8 pieces.
- Serve the rolls with your preferred sauces and sides. Enjoy!