This is a simple, quick and delicious recipe based on tuna that @sourires_et_papilles‘s dad used to make when she was a child.
Calie was so lovely and shared it with us, so more people can enjoy these tasty bricks.
Find the instructions and ingredients for 2 people (4 bricks) below.
- 8 sheets of brick pastry
- 1 can of Fish4Ever Skipjack Tuna in Spring Water
- 1 can of Fish4Ever Skipjack Tuna in Olive Oil
- 1 onion
- Parsley or coriander
- 4 eggs
- Salt, Pepper
- Olive oil for cooking
- Drain the tuna in spring water.
Crumble it in a container and mix it with the tuna in olive oil that you have taken from the can without draining it.
- Peel and chop the onion, then add it to the tuna. Season with the chopped parsley/coriander, salt and pepper and combine everything well.
- Take 2 sheets of brick pastry off the paper and place them one on top of each other.
Make a nest with the tuna, leaving a hole in the middle.
Crack an egg to place it in the hole,then salt and pepper the yolk.
Sprinkle with a few capers and fold the brick into a square or rectangle.
Repeat these steps for each brick.
- Fry them in hot olive oil on medium high heat for 2 to 3 minutes on the folded side until the brick is golden brown. Then flip it to the other side and fry for 1,5 to 2 more minutes, depending on whether you prefer the egg runny or not.
- You can add a drizzle of lemon juice on top of each of your bricks.
Enjoy hot with a salad.