Salads are absolutely not boring as Sophie from @thatgutfeeling_ proves.
Aim for a variety of colour, texture and shapes in your foods to maximise your body’s chance of getting nutrients naturally from a variety of sources.
In this case, Sophie prepared a warm salad which is really simple and quick to make (20 mins) and is great during the transitional phase into warmer temps.
It includes purple foods (rich in anthocyanin – known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties), red ingredients (good sources of lycopene, vitamins A, C and K) and green parts (commonly found nutrients are vitamin C, folate and fibre, supporting digestion, metabolism and detoxification).
And not to forget our sustainably fished mackerel as an omega 3 source.
Here are the ingredients and instructions for this super tasty and healthy salad:
– Purple potatoes
– Drizzle of coconut oil
– Fish4Ever Mackerel in Spring Water
– Leafy greens like spinach and kale
– Cocktail tomatoes
– Balsamic Vinegar
1. Slice the purple potatoes into fine chips. Then bake them with a drizzle of coconut oil at 180°C for about 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile steam your leafy greens.
3. When the potatoes are baked and the greens are ready, add everything to a bowl.
4. Top it with your mackerel and some halved cocktail tomatoes.
5. Finally add some chopped parsley and a generous glug of balsamic vinegar for a beautiful burst of flavour to tie the dish together.
Enjoy this delicious meal!